Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Announce: DocBook XSL Stylesheets 1.9

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Bruno Cornec wrote:

> Then, I would like to help diffuse tools around docbook. I have
> realized a set of RPMS for people luck to work with Linux (RH mainly)
> but I have one small problem. You only put your updates on your
> Web server which is only accessible through http. As I use a lot
> mirror in order to realise mirror site of free software, I would like
> to setup a ftp area which could be used for all docbook tools
> (db31*.* stylesheets* xml* ...).

A thing that would be really nice to have (for me at least) would be a
fully functional complete distribution of all the files on the DocBook web
site (including those ISO-characters) which were self-contained, and with
instructions to set the environment variables and then fire up under Jade
or whatever XSL tool was necessary.

Just as that, and tar/zip files to accompany it.  I have so far used the
files on the DocBook CD because I could make those work, but building a
similar tree from scratch has proven to be more cumbersome than I
thought, so I (for one) would very much like to have such a resource.

Best regards,
--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen               "...plus...Tubular Bells!"
  http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~ravn