Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: <type> and <link> in <funcsynopsis>

/ Eric Lemings <elemings@uswest.net> was heard to say:
| Consider the following DocBook <funcsynopsis>:
|
|     <funcsynopsis>
|       <funcsynopsisinfo>
|         #include &lt;Support.h&gt;
|       </funcsynopsisinfo>
|       <funcprototype>
|         <funcdef>
|           <function>Status_To_Text</function>
|         </funcdef>
|         <paramdef>
|           <parameter>status</parameter>
|         </paramdef>
|       </funcprototype>
|     </funcsynopsis>
[...]
| in <funcdef> and <paramdef> to be a bug.   A type is almost always the
| first part of these elements and sometimes refers to a type definition
| in another part of the document.

I agree that type and the linking elements probably belong in there,
I'm less sure about xref. I'll add an RFE about this.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Wandering in a vast forest at
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | night, I have only a faint light
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | to guide me. A stranger appears