Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: Proposal #2 for BNF/EBNF markup

     Probably not worth a whole lot more debate on such a small issue, but
     the disadvantages that: (a) it will be one of the less
     self-explanatory elements in the docbook vocabulary, and (b) it
     usually stands for something else.  So I'll make one last mention of
     my preference for <nonterminal>.  I know <nt> is much more concise,
     and the point about <nonterminal> clogging up the code is well-taken,
     but if the judgment call were in my hands, I would still prefer the
     self-describing <nonterminal> to the concise <nt>.

Or a compromise, <nonterm> perhaps?

DaveP