Subject: Re: xml packages in Debian Re: DOCBOOK: customised docbook

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Thursday 27 April 2000, at 14 h 40, the keyboard of Ziemek Borowski
> <ziembor@FAQ-bot.ZiemBor.waw.pl> wrote:
>
> > BTW. Do You plan XML/XSL DocBook related packages in Debian
>
> I don't think that the N. Walsh's XSL stylesheets have been packaged but there

Why? I.E. I start moving all my stuff to DB XML DTD:
* I have methods for
on-line convering (using Resin http://www.caucho.com/ XML/JSP midleware
or Caucho/Xerces/Xalan/Xang toolkit from http://xml.apache.org/
* I still have good support using SGML tools
* I have chance to on-line browsing sources using MS IE or DocZilla.

> are several XSL tools in the last Debian, at least XT and Transformiix.

Yes.

> Kaffe at last works with XP, we still have to test it with XT. Transformiix is
> written in C++, so Sun's regulations are not a problem for it (but I didn't
> test it with DocBook).

Thanks (I don`t know Transformiix).

--
Ziemek Borowski ZB137-RIPE http://ziembor.waw.pl/zmb/ 1024D/5858F604