Subject: DOCBOOK: WAS:Re: DOCBK: ext file entities, IS: anchorage and pdf-output S-DocBook

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 06:38:29AM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
(that's what i call early..)

> You can do that, using namespaces, but you lose all ability to
> validate your documents.

Ok, i don't want that. I will "convert" to the real docbook instead, it should suffice. That'll be _next_ week, though!

จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ (keep reading)จจจ

Still for now: this following question is also related to simplified docbook for xml:

Q: perhaps the most trivial (this week):
And as usual i ask for forgiveness, -i can't get the book, ("DocBook: The Definitive Guide") in time for something which is due one week from now..! And i have no-one but this list of strangers to ask..

In "real" docbook there is the anchor element, which i think is what i need for linking internally in a document.
This is not present in simplified docbook. (I am right!)
Status quo:
I have a list of obscure words.
These words are used throughout the document, naturally, and i want hyperlinks from where they occur to their respective explanation in the list.
(very traditional means of hyperlinking)
What can i do to achieve this?
(i know i even could use html, but that is not what i want ...)

จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ(keep reading)จจจ
> | be output to html and pdf or ps.
> | This should be ok to do with the stylesheets for the "real" docbook?
> Uh, now I'm not sure I understand the question.

Are you sure????
(-just kidding! I can't blame you, i tried to be both amusing and concise simultanously, something in which i rarely succeed.)

จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
But seriously speaking; can anyone point me to something like db2pdf,  which will handle the above mentioned document marked up in simplified DocBook?
best would be: Is there any xsl readymade and publicly available for me to utilize?
I am really running out of time and would be a very happy receiver of some help...

kindest regards,
Inge.

--
     |   .no  |