Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: FrameMaker+SGML docbook template

I have tried to access this for some days but the site keeps asking for a
password and will not allow anonymous login.  Is there another site with the
information on it?

Thanks.

Shawn Giese

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-docbook@lists.oasis-open.org]On Behalf Of Mark Galassi
Sent: samedi, 20. mai 2000 14:55
To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org

    Lynne> Gautier, There is a sample DocBook application that comes
    Lynne> with FM+SGML, although it uses an earlier version of the
    Lynne> DTD. It's optionally installed with FM+SGML. It contains
    Lynne> sample files, templates, an EDD, and read/write
    Lynne> rules. There is a short online manual that describes the
    Lynne> application.  --Lynne

I would not use that old EDD.  A couple of years ago I made a much
more complete effort based on an import of the DocBook 3.0 DTD which
Lynne had done.  You can find it at
  ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/docbook-tools/docware/framemaker/

This is something which you can use (and which Cygnus has used) to
make publication-quality printouts.  It recognizes almost all the
DocBook 3.0 tags and does reasonable things with them.

Unfortunately it will never be that much fun: the version of FM+SGML
(5.5) I used was buggy and frustrating to work with.  Maybe more
recent versions are better: I have not played with it since April
1999.

Feel free to use what you find there; I don't have a FrameMaker+SGML
installation anymore, so I can't work on it except on a consulting
basis.