Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: Code markup.

Norm wrote:
     Without more context, I have to admit I'm a little confused. For the
     functiony parts, I'd say:

     But from the description of -flippixels, I think it should be a simple
     parameter or option, not a funcparam since it's not a parameter to a
     function.

The context is a series of instructions to users building the xfree
software.
Its a case of 'call this function with these parameters, or
set the configuration file X item Y to this value.

Yes, it could be left as plain text, but the authors have chosen to identify
almost each and every item which is not plain text. Some need to be in-line
to make the para 'flow' others can be seen as code extracts.

I've included a couple more examples below.
It appears to almost flow as text, but is actually code/data.

Is that clearer?

Regards, DaveP

      <tt>index</tt>.  When writing out the index value this
      function should set bit 5 (<tt>0x20</tt>) according to the
      setting of <tt>hwp-&gt;paletteEnabled</tt> in order to
      preserve the palette access state.  It should be cleared when

<sect1>
  <heading>Include files</heading>
  All drivers normally include the following headers:</p>

    "xf86_OSproc.h"
    "xf86_ansic.h"
    "xf86Resources.h"</tt></p>

be