Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Literary DTDs

Hi,

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Alvaro wrote:
> Is anyone out there working on an XML DTD designed for literary use??
>

> Alvaro E. Siman
> alsiman@sppe.com
why would you need a DTD at all?
in as much as my knowledge goes you will need a DTD only if

a) multi user environment where one too many people are going to work on
play/plays where you need a framework(strict) to work on.

b) or you are going to work on only play/plays (in general any literary work)
and nothing else forever

otherwise  wont you be better off using standalone XML/XSL route

i have attached two samples for your referrance , it is not a play but a poem
btw does a poem come under literary category? ;-)
in fact the poem3.htm is an offshoot of poem2.htm , i mean the source is same
for both the poem but the stylesheet are differrent . infact an additional
layer of stylesheet has been used to import the orginal stylesheet .

just to give you a clue towards possiblities  which exist

hope this helps

regards
 --
maddy

PS: i have used an existing sample lying around with me to get you the output i
repeat i have not writen the orginal .
          Fishing baskets are employed to catch fish;          but when the
fish are got, the men forget the baskets;          Words are employed to convey
ideas;          but when the ideas are grasped, the men forget the words;

					        --"Chuang Tzu"

Title: Song

Song

By Rupert Brooke

And suddenly the wind comes soft,
  And Spring is here again;
And the hawthorn quickens with buds of green
  And my heart with buds of pain.

My heart all Winter lay so numb,
  The earth so dead and frore,
That I never thought the Spring would come again
  Or my heart wake any more.

But Winter's broken and earth has woken,
  And the small birds cry again;
And the hawthorn hedge puts forth its buds,
  And my heart puts forth its pain.

1912

Title: Song
by Rupert Brooke

Song

001   And suddenly the wind comes soft,
002   And Spring is here again;
003   And the hawthorn quickens with buds of green
004   And my heart with buds of pain.

005   My heart all Winter lay so numb,
006   The earth so dead and frore,
007   That I never thought the Spring would come again
008   Or my heart wake any more.

009   But Winter's broken and earth has woken,
010   And the small birds cry again;
011   And the hawthorn hedge puts forth its buds,
012   And my heart puts forth its pain.