Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Need XML & HTML Entity Reference for :-| or :| Symbol

The proper term is 'emoticons' (emotion+icon, I guess). Not long
ago I read a wonderful article about the differences between
Western and Japanese emoticons, with the former placing a much
heavier emphasis on the mouth ;-) and the latter on the eyes,
(^!^)

Unfortunately I don't remember where I read it, but I don't think
it was online. If you do a search and find it online, please
forward the URL

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo@eng.Sun.COM
XML Technology Center          |         Phone:  (650) 786-5498