Subject: DOCBOOK: a nagging installation question

hey list,

I wish to start using docbook, and to that end now have the xml 4.1.2
zip. I'm running Debian 2.2.  I'm pretty sure the Debian DocBook
packages are pretty out of date.

I have psgml mode for emacs, and the sgml-base package. Now, when I
unzip docbkx412, where do I place the files, and how do I access them?
how about the tools? (are those only available as rpms?)

pretty basic questions, but thanks!
--

Spend less time composing sigs.
-tom