Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Docbook3.1 and me...

Josh (fearing he is abusing the time of those who are graciously willing
to be helpfull) says:

That makes sense to me...

So I define a short test.sgm file as:

<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"
"/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/3.1/docbook.dtd">
<para>
This is a test document.
</para>
</chapter>

And apply the DSSSL stylesheet to it with jade, and yet, output continues
to be one line with no whitespace or carriage returns...

So my question keeps comming back to, Am I lacking a presentation
definition (ie, style-sheet) or is this a data format issue in my file?

test.sgm passes nsgmls with no errors...?

Thanks again to all for helping me through the rough early days of
software adoption!!!

Josh