Subject: DOCBOOK: Announce: DocBook XSL V1.22, DocBook DSSSL V1.59

New releases. In DSSSL, bug fixes and Korean localization. In XSL,
bug fixes, support for non-<pre> literallayout and address elements,
and Korean localization.

Below are the changes to the XSL Stylesheets since V1.20; you can see
the DSSSL changes at http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/

(You can't see the XSL changes on the web because there were two
releases on the same day and my distrib tool doesn't deal very well
with that case.)

Changes since version 1.20 (2000-10-20)

Changes to docbook/*

  | 2000-10-26  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* TODO: Add note about localizing author-string
  |
  | 	* VERSION: Version 1.21 released.
  |
  | 	* VERSION: Version 1.22 released.

Changes to docbook/bin/*

  | 2000-10-26  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* chunk.pl: Changed to saxon; but note that the parameters are
  | 	  odd because I have a saxon shell script

Changes to docbook/common/*

  | 2000-10-26  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* common.xsl: Changed text-only parameter to 0/1 from
  | 	  true()/false()
  |
  | 	* hu.xml: Updated
  |
  | 	* ko.xml: New file.
  |
  | 	* l10n.xml: Added Korean
  |
  | 	* l10n.xsl: Handle empty gentext
  |
  | 	* l10n.xsl: Fixed serious bug in gentext.element.name
  |
  | 2000-10-23  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* ca.xml, cs.xml, da.xml, de.xml, el.xml, es.xml, et.xml,
  | 	  fi.xml, fr.xml, hu.xml, id.xml, it.xml, ja.xml, no.xml,
  | 	  pl.xml, pt.xml, pt_br.xml, ro.xml, ru.xml, sk.xml, sl.xml,
  | 	  sv.xml: Fixed localization key errors and missing xrefs
  | 	  (thanks to Eva a Pavel ZAMPACHOVI)

Changes to docbook/fo/*

  | 2000-10-26  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* biblio.xsl: Use attribute sets; fixed missing ID
  |
  | 	* block.xsl: Use attribute sets
  |
  | 	* component.xsl, division.xsl, footnote.xsl, glossary.xsl,
  | 	  index.xsl, sections.xsl: Fix footnotes; use fo:footnote FO
  |
  | 	* docbook.xsl: Turn off indenting; it breaks verbatim blocks
  |
  | 	* fo.xsl, inline.xsl: Support trade, registered, and service
  | 	  dingbats
  |
  | 	* formal.xsl: Fix keep error, use attribute sets
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl: Support the @format='linespecific' enbedding
  | 	  hack
  |
  | 	* param.xsl: Added several attribute sets; removed check.idref
  | 	  (always check IDREFs)
  |
  | 	* titlepage.xsl: Provide fo:table-column info for revision
  | 	  history tables
  |
  | 	* verbatim.xsl: Fix white-space property name
  | 	  (white-space-collapse)
  |
  | 	* xref.xsl: Update xref support

Changes to docbook/html/*

  | 2000-10-26  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* autotoc.xsl: Revised autotoc support; make the HTML valid
  |
  | 	* block.xsl: Added some missing IDs; added summary attribute
  | 	  to tables
  |
  | 	* changebars.xsl: More tweaks; still largely unfinished
  |
  | 	* chunk.xsl, param.xsl: Added suppress.navigation parameter to
  | 	  suppress header and footer navigation tables
  |
  | 	* docbook.xsl: Use ISO Latin 1 for output encoding; changed
  | 	  text-node to a 0/1 variable
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl: Fix typos and XLink attribute values
  |
  | 	* html.xsl: Support trade, service, and registered dingbats
  |
  | 	* html.xsl: Turn off <dingbat> nonsense
  |
  | 	* inline.xsl: Don't put <b>'s inside titles that are likely to
  | 	  already be <b>; support trade, service, and registered
  | 	  dingbats
  |
  | 	* pi.xsl: Remove needless './'
  |
  | 	* sections.xsl: Fix header construction; check css.decoration
  | 	  parameter; don't output <b>'s around normal section titles
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: Support 'table-summary' attribute of dbhtml PI
  | 	  inside of tgroup to set the HTML table summary
  |
  | 	* titlepage.xsl: Added summary attribute to revision history
  | 	  table
  |
  | 	* verbatim.xsl: Figured out how to do non-PRE verbatim display
  | 	  for address and literallayout
  |
  | 	* xref.xsl: Fixed messages for bad xrefs

Changes to docbook/test/*

  | 2000-10-26  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* Makefile, idxbook.xml, mlang.pl, test.xml: Added
  | 	  localization tests; indexing tests

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If youth is a fault, it is one
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | soon corrected.--Goethe
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |