Subject: DOCBOOK: Speaking on DocBook at NordU2001, 12-16 Feb

Folks,

[ I've sent this to several mailing lists where I think (and hope) it's
  appropriate.  Reply-to: points back to me, as I don't think discussion
  is likely to be appropriate for most of the lists.  As far as I'm
  aware, all the lists I've posted to are appropriate for DocBook
  related material, my apologies if I've included one that isn't.

  For those lists I'm foreign to, I'm the FreeBSD Documentation Project
  Manager, where we've been using DocBook and related technologies for
  the past 2 to 3 years. ]

I'm going to be speaking at the 3rd EurOpen/Usenix Conference in
Stockholm, Sweden, on Feb 15th at 13:00.  The topic is

    DocBook for Free Software Projects

I would be delighted to meet with other DocBook users, particularly
those from non-FreeBSD related projects.  I suspect there are a lot of
issues that we're all solving in similar ways, and I'm anxious to avoid
excessive reinvention of the wheel if we can avoid it.

The topic scope is rather broad, and I've only got 35 minutes or so, so
this will be an overview of DocBook and its benefits, rather than an
indepth look at all the ins and outs of writing and formatting DocBook.
I'm happy to go through more detailed topics before or after my
presentation as necessary.