Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Spam harvested from list

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Serge Wroclawski <serge@tux.org> wrote:

> I believe that my name and mail address was harvested from this list.
>
> I got a spam targeting me as someone who uses docbook, and it went to the
> address I use from this list.
>
> Did other people get this same spam?

I was going to save no but then I got spammed. They have clearly been
tracking this group for a while because I got spammed at theoriginal
address I subscribed from. So like Serge I say that the subscriber
addresses for this list have been compromised.

The only thing that can be said for their denial of service here is that
it was DocBook related. However, if they'd done their homework properly
they'd know that I'm in competition with them.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!