Subject: DOCBOOK: Including a DocBook document in a DocBook document

Hi all.

We are a number of people working on a large document, written using a
customazition of DocBook XML 4.1.2. We would like parts of this document to
be printable af separate documents. We would like a construction like this:

Master:

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC ....... [
<!ENTITY chap1>
<!ENTITY chap2>
]>
&chap1;
&chap2;
..

Chap1:
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC .......>
<chapter>
.
.
</chapter>
etc.

Now we could format each chapter as a separate document. The reason we want
the DOCTYPE in each chapter is that we have defined some general entities
that we use all the time.

If we try the above both Jade and Saxon complain.

Is there any way we can get this to work?

Best regards

    Rune