Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Representing CDATA sections

have you looked at the Text Layout tab for <programlisting> on
Tools|Customisations?

XMetal applies whiteshapce handling rules each time you save, switch from
tags on to source view etc.

set the <programlisting> Text Layout options to "preserve space" and XMetaL
will stop mangling your whitespace

Ian Atkin, Code Monkey
ian.atkin@widelearning.com
020-7954-4234
Wide Learning is a trading name of Wide Multimedia Ltd
Registered office: 8-11 Crescent, Tower Hill, London EC3N 2LY
Company number: 3339664 VAT number: 690 8399 83