Subject: DOCBOOK: SegmentedList in an IndexDiv

Hello,

I would like to understand the use of a SegmentedList in an IndexDiv.

The Docbook 4.1 DTD says that
<!-- SegmentedList in this content is useful for marking up permuted
     indices. -->
but I can't understand the sense of this.

What are permuted indices ?
Could somebody give me a little example of its use ?

Thanks,
--
Philippe MARTIN
ERIDAN Informatique