Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: line break and text output

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> / Jonathan Riddell <jr050@jriddell.org> was heard to say:
> | I can get html output and postscript output, can I get text output?  This
>
> The best route I've seen for plain text is HTML -> text via w3m[1]

Yeah, the way is: generate the HTML, then open it with a "dump" option
from a text-based HTML browser, like "lynx -dump".

But the big wrinkle is rendering of HTML tables. If your doc has
tables, you have to use a text-based browser that supports ASCII table
rendering; lynx doesn't, w3m does, Emacs/W3 mode does also.

w3m is the best way to script/automate it for conversion. I think the
flag is "-dump" just like lynx.