Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: MathML support

"E.L. Willighagen" wrote:

> ========= Parsing
> file:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/xsl/docbook/nwalsh/xhtml/docbook.xsl ==========
> Parse of file:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/xsl/docbook/nwalsh/xhtml/docbook.xsl
> took 165653 milliseconds========= Parsing
> file:/home/egonw/data/Universiteit/stage/verslag/mathmlexample.xml ==========
> Parser error: The namespace prefix "mml" was not declared.
> Parser error: The namespace prefix "mml" was not declared.
> Parser error: The namespace prefix "mml" was not declared.
> Parse of file:/home/egonw/data/Universiteit/stage/verslag/mathmlexample.xml
> took 46808 milliseconds

Did you have correct doctype and DTDs? In order to use MathML with
DocBook you must have three DTDs - DocBook, MathML and customization
layer on top of DocBook which extends it by MathML. DocBook and ext.
layer can be downloaded from http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook, MathML
can be downloaded from W3C. Your DocBook document must point do
customized DTD, not to ordinal DocBook DTD.

> =============================
> Transforming...
> No template matches mml:math.
> No template matches mml:apply.
> No template matches mml:divide.
>
> In other words... no success: <font color="red">&lt;mml:math&gt;</font>

Sorry, I forgot that HTML stylsheet by default does not pass-through
MathML elements. Just copy template from fo/math.xsl into your
customized XHTML stylesheet. MathML code will remain in your HTML files
from now.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz