Subject: DOCBOOK: Okay, why?

Philosophical question. I've been setting up docbook at work, and I made the
unfortunate mistake of trying to use XML stylesheets. With most of the week
gone down the drain, I have some burning questions before I go mad...

Are there any benefits to XML over SGML when it comes to docbook? Is it worth
my time to learn Java and fix those XSLT engines, or is it better spent
learning scheme and dsssl?

--
David Johnson