Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: DocBook XML V4.1.2<==Will not Execute?

Your on windows.  Docbook.cat is a text file that maps web addresses to
files on your system that docbook uses.

You will also need to down load a SGML/XML parser, jade, and a text
formater, like TeX or Saxon

The following are snips from other posts that answer the type of question
you are asking.

This page will help answer some of your questions,

http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/faq/index.html

These might help,
 ... a preliminary version of a "new user" Docbook tutorial I'm working on
at:
http://www.cbxtrain.com/xml/docbook/tutorial/gettingstarted/
or
http://www.cbxtrain.com/xml/docbook/tutorial/gettingstarted/html/

There are free tools that some people have gotten to work on windoze.  There
is
also a document that tells you how to get Docbook going on windoze.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/book1.html

I would look carefully at sections 1-3, 6, and 9.  You need to install Jade
and the SGML DTDs.  Unfortunately you will have to run Jade manually.

This is not for the faint of heart.  It is very complicated to get Docbook
working correctly in Windows.  Once you have Docbook working, you then need
to install the GDP DTD and stylesheet manually.

I hope this helps and gives you a starting point to get Docbook working.

Eric Baudais