Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Markup for personal names

/ Horacio <homega@ciberia.es> was heard to say:
| [messing up a bit]
|
| On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Wroth, M. LTC         MATH wrote:

| to <personalname>.

We've already got honorific, firstname, surname, lineage, and
othername inside of author, editor, etc.  I don't see any motivation
to rename those elements.

| > Element surname

Do we really need this level of markup in technical documentation.
Are there situations where <surname>Vega y Asturias</surname>
wouldn't be sufficient? (I'm not opposed to allowing it, in principal,
I'm just trying to understand the problem space.)

| <name>
| </name>
|
| (may be other religious leaders do take names too... the Lamas
| do... and Christian nuns too).

Not often necessary in technical documentation, I expect. Prayers for
help in meeting deadlines not withstanding. :-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The things we have most longed for
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | do not happen; or if they do, it
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | is never at the time nor under the