Subject: DOCBOOK: problems with Q and A sets

I've had some problems processing Question and Answer sets. I'm using
the DocBook XML 4.1.2 DTD and DocBook XSL stylesheets 1.40.  I have no
problem when I use Saxon (5.51)to transform to html using the following
command:
java -cp /usr/pdSrc/saxon/saxon.jar com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet
ogr-howto.xml /usr/pdSrc/docbook-xsl-1.40/html/docbook.xsl >
ogr-howto.html.
(Although I did get an error before I updated my stylesheets to
version 1.40).

When I try to run the same command with a transformation to fo I get
an error:
java -cp /usr/pdSrc/saxon/saxon.jar com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet
ogr-howto.xml /usr/pdSrc/docbook-xsl-1.40/fo/docbook.xsl > ogr-howto.fo.
Making portrait pages on USletter paper (8.5inx11in)
No "en" localization of "QandASet" exists; using "en".

It still produces the output, but when I try to use that output to
convert to pdf with Fop I get the following error:
ERROR: The id "d41e472" already exists in this document
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: The id "d41e472" already exists in
this document

It seems to be giving the same id to the question and the answer,
which Fop doesn't like.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jamie Smedsmo