Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: layout of mediaobjects (images)

Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Stefan Seefeld <seefeld@sympatico.ca> was heard to say:
> | I'm using 4xslt to generate html. I'd *love* to be able to use fo, but
> | didn't manage to find a fo->pdf translator yet.
>
> PassiveTeX does a fair job. So does XEP (but it isn't free).

Thanks for the tips. I tried out apache's FOP, with medium success.
There are a lot of missing features, and even some bugs. For example
a book.fo document I just generated with 4xslt with the fo/docbook.xsl
contains references to 'url(figures/prototype.jpg)', which FOP can't
find (I get an error from FOP like

/home/stefan/Berlin/Berlin/doc/Tutorial/Berlin/url(figures/resolve.jpg) (No such file or directory)
Is this a FOP bug or a docbook.xsl bug ?

> | PS: sorry for the offtopic: Using 4xslt / html/docbook.xsl with
> |      'article' as the document, I get wrong section numbering (all chapters
> |      have number '0'...
>
> Uh, how do you have chapters in an article? Are you validating your
> document before styling it?

I'm sorry, I should have  validated it before inquiring here...:(