Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Fop-0.20.1 Image Problems

[Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please!]

/ Alexander Schatten <alasan@gmx.net> was heard to say:
| <fo:external-graphic height="auto" width="auto" content-height="auto"
| content-width="auto" src="url(dilbert_747.gif)"/>
|
| this works with xep, not with fop, when I change this to:
|
| <fo:external-graphic height="auto" width="auto" content-height="auto"
| content-width="auto" src="dilbert_747.gif"/>
|
| it works with fop. where is the problem? is this a fop problem?

Yes, it is a FOP problem. The solution is to set $fop.extensions=1 if
you're planning to publish with FOP. If you can fix FOP, so much the
better.

| btw. I am getting mad with all of these fo problems... there seem to
| be no implementation that allows a stable transformation to PDF,
| except the extremly expensive xep.

I think it's premature to be angry. The XSL FO spec isn't even a
Recommendation yet.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | You look wise. Pray correct that
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | error.--Charles Lamb
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |