Subject: DOCBOOK: Bibliographys in RefEntry

RFE 435518[1] requests a bibliography in a refentry. At the most
recent TC meeting, we weren't able to come to consensus on the right
solution to this problem.

If we accept that Bibliography, Glossary, and perhaps Index (BG&I) go
together, closer inspection of the RFE reveals that the author wants
BG&I to appear at the end of a refentry, not at the end of each
refsect1.

It's possible to argue that adding BG&I to the end of RefEntry would
seriously disturb the content model of RefEntry. On the other hand,
authors are currently forced to markup bibliography entries in a
References section of a RefEntry with non-semantic markup (using para,
for example).

This is sub-optimal because then stylesheets have no markup to do
proper Bibliography formatting or proper cross-reference formatting.

The problem is less pressing for Glossary because there's a GlossList
element that allows a glossary to appear in a refesect1.

It seems we have four choices:

1. Add a BiblioList element, to allow bibliography entries parallel to
   GlossList

2. Add BG&I to the end of the content model of RefEntry

3. Reject the request noting that (a) there are workarounds today that
   are better than either of the preceding alternatives and (b)
   bibliographic references are perhaps more appropriate in a
   Reference than a RefEntry (if a dozen refentrys cited the same
   source, you wouldn't necessarily want it repeated a dozen times).

4. We've overlooked the clever solution that doesn't have any of the
   problems of 1-3.

Comments, please.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=435518&group_id=21935&atid=384107

--