Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: jade demo.sgm

[ Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please ]

/ cjwyche <cjwyche@io.com> was heard to say:
| Solaris 2.5.1 and jade 1.1 fail in jade/dsssl/ doing the
| demo. I seek answers to 4 questions. The details are shown
| at http://www.io.com/~cjwyche/mvc/gw_n_jade.html
| 1. Is the not having "DSSSL architecture" as a base an error
| for the demo?

You have to tell Jade that stylesheet you want to use.

  jade demo.sgm

isn't sufficient. You need to say at least

  jade -d /path/to/styledocument demo.sgm

And the styledocument has to have a doctype declaration that
ultimately includes the DSSSL architecture DTDs.

| 2. How am I to know if the resulting demo.fot is correct?

If you don't get any errors from Jade. There's no validator for FOTs.

http://www.jclark.com/

| 4. The openjade "list" seems to be 6 developers as opposed
| to users. What email lists do you suggest I engage for
| getting ideas about solutions for docbooks problems I expect
| I will be encountering?

docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org and/or dssslist@mulberrytech.com

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The formula 'Two and two make
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | five' is not without its
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | attractions.--Dostoevsky