Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: [ #456174 ] Req: a <YearRange> within <copyright>

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 06:13:12AM -0700, M. Wroth wrote:
> But for ordinary use, I don't see a need for explicit markup of
> the various combinations --- when the occasion has come up, I've used
> <year>1996, 1998, 1999, 2000</year>

Sure, it works.  But it probably creates more pain when you need to
extract, say, the 1st year in such a list - you have to add string
processing to element addressing.

Finally, Norm's solution seems to address most needs.
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre