Subject: DOCBOOK: Capabilities of DocBook (newbie)

Hi.

I'm about to write my thesis. I was planning to use latex, but
could use an XML version of the document also. So, my question
is, can I convert a DocBook XML document to a .tex -> .ps file
that has the classic look of latex? Margins, fonts etc. matter.
Editing the output generated by the 'ps' backend is not really
an option.

Will I lose the pure latex look by using DocBook rather than latex?

If so, will I be able to do anything about it?

I made a small test with JadeTex which I didn't find super convincing,
but on the other hand, it was my very first DocBook document, so I
just went with very standard tags, definitions and compilation
parameters. Perhaps using http://db2latex.sourceforge.net/ yields
better results?

Thanks in advance,

Morten