Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Change Bars

/ Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk> was heard to say:
| At 05:33 01/10/2001 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
|
| >Ah, changebars.xsl is an HTML stylesheet. I haven't written a print one
| >yet. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a way to make Jade or
| >XSL FO produce traditional print change bars.
|
| How about a border-start on the fo:block which wraps the content?
|   Too crude?

That works for block content, but it's not a very pleasing solution
for inline changes. Propagating those up to the highest block might be
doable, but it would make it appear as if the whole block changed
which is sub-optimal.

I think a proper solution will have to wait until there's FO support
for marginalia.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Decide, v.i. To succumb to the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | preponderance of one set of
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | influences over another