Subject: DOCBOOK: newbie dsssl question

In the last few days I've been playing around with DSSSL in an effort to
customize the print stylesheets.  While I've made a fair amount of
progress, I can't figure out how place sect1 titles in the
headers/footers.  I can retrieve the first sect1 title that appears in a
chapter, but I don't see how to get at the nearest sect1 title to the
current page.

I suspect I'm missing some fundamental concept here about how DSSSL
works. If someone could forward along some clues or (even better)
pointers to sample code, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help.

Set up:
Linux Mandrake 8.0
docbook dsssl 1.73