Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Top level divisions.

Phillip Shelton <shelton@usq.edu.au> writes:

> latex has an article class and a report class in its documenttype
> declarations.
>
> Would both of these be articles in DocBook?

The Article element has a class attribute with an enumerated list of
values:

  faq                journalarticle
  productsheet       specification
  techreport         whitepaper

So maybe you could do <article class="techreport"> for a report -- or
depending on what your content actually is, maybe "whitepaper" or
"specification".

But if you need to get different presentation from the standard
Article, I think you'll need to do something in your stylesheet
customization layer -- I don't think the standard stylesheets are set
up to do anything differently for any of those class values.