Subject: FW: DOCBOOK: Equations.

I suppose I want to know Why this restriction.

<quote>

A TextObject is a wrapper containing a textual description of a media
object, and its associated meta-information. TextObjects are only allowed in
MediaObjects as a fall-back option, they cannot be the primary content.

</quote>

Or why the content models of <equation> and <informalequation> do not allow
an element with #PCDATA in it as the only element.

I could just not mark up the equation but feel that is wasting the intent of
XML.

Phill