Subject: FW: Antwort: RE: FW: DOCBOOK: Equations.

From: h.groth@e-cademy.de [mailto:h.groth@e-cademy.de]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 October 2001 1:16
To: shelton@usq.edu.au
Subject: Antwort: RE: FW: DOCBOOK: Equations.

>> I'm at least generally aware of MathML.  But it's not part of
>> the DocBook core, and I'd like support for equations to be part of the
>> core, not an extension.
>>
>> I seem to be a minority opinion, though :-)
> There is at least two of us!

Count me in, too ;-)

Seriously it would be nice to use mathematical formulas as easy as in TeX
(with a little help from the apps, of course).
I'm playing tricks like using TeX-DVI-EPS to get graphics for presentation
right now. Very cumbersome, indeed.

Any hope that DocBook would support MathML native?

thx
Holger Groth