Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: line stretching, jade

Kris Luyten wrote:

> Jade converts the docbook to TeX for pdf. Is it possible to obtain LaTeX
> output instead of TeX? I would also like to have the lines of text stretched

Check db2latex.sourceforge.net - this is bunch of stylesheets which are
able to convert DocBook to LaTeX.

> Another questions: some xml-tags are "misunderstood" by jade:
> for example: I can not use <xref linkend="intro-chapter"/>, but have to use
> <xref linkend="chapter"></xref>. This works, but still gives me warnings. I
> know Jade is actually an SGML processor, but I want to know if this is normal
> behaviour.

If you want to use jade with XML you must precede document name with
SGML declaration for XML:

jade -d stylesheet -t format /path/to/xml.dcl yourdocument.xml

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz