Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Concrete proposal for #480954: Extend textobjecttoinsert external files

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> It only really requires us to declare the XInclude namespace. It does
> not require use to define a DocBook namespace.

If we could easily use namespaces with DocBook I think that using
XInclude would be good decision. But at the present time, using
namespaces in DocBook documents brings one big problem:

Many editing and processing tools aren't NS aware - many DocBookers are
using Emacs+PSGML, Jade. Using namespaces means merging elements from
additional namespace (e.g. XInclude) directly do DocBook DTD. To do it,
we must fixed namespace prefix.

At the end documents looks like they are using namespaces, but for many
older processing tools documents behaves like there are no namespaces.
In that situation it is easier to add new element or attributes directly
to DocBook DTD.

			Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz