Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Names and addresses

/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:
[...]
| Our current tags are
|
|   author ::=
|   ((honorific|firstname|surname|lineage|othername|affiliation|
|     authorblurb|contrib)+)
|
|   affiliation ::=
|   (shortaffil?,jobtitle*,orgname?,orgdiv*,address*)

   (shortaffil?,jobtitle*,orgname?,orgdiv*,email*,address*)

| I think we can break "personname" out of this:
|
|   personname ::=
|   ((honorific|firstname|surname|lineage|othername)+)
|
| Then authors (editors, etc) might have this content model:
|
|   author ::=
|   ((personname, personblurb, affiliation+, email+, address+))

   ((personname, personblurb?, (affiliation|email|address)*)

This allows email addresses to be associated with both people and their
affiliations:

  <author>
    <personname>
      <firstname>Norman</firstname>
      <surname>Walsh</surname>
    </personname>
    <personblurb><para>Just this guy.</para></personblurb>
    <email>any-silly-fool-you-want@nwalsh.com</email>
    <affiliation>
      <shortaffil>Sun</shortaffil>
      <jobtitle>XML Standards Engineer</jobtitle>
      <orgname>Sun Microsystems, Inc.</orgname>
      <email>Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM</email>
      <address>
        <street>One Network Drive</street>
        <street>MS UBUR02-201</street>
        <city>Burlington</city>
        <state>MA</state>
        <postcode>01803-0902</postcode>
      </address>
    </affiliation>
  </author>

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If you are hankering after
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | certainty, you are better advised
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | to seek it in religion: the