Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Linking in DocBook V5.0

/ Yann Dirson <ydirson@fr.alcove.com> was heard to say:
| On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:56:33AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
| > > If there is a way to rename xlink:href in XLink I would say, adopt it
| >
| >   No, this was beaten to death for 2 years, forget about this.
|
| In this case, maybe we can refer to Xlink via an architectural form to
| get the renaming.  Then processors needing Xlink attributes as such
| can work on the architectural instance (I hope my terminology is
| correct here).

We could do it that way, but I think the implementation burden would
be even higher. Most XML systems don't have support for AF directly, so it
would all have to be constructed with stylesheets or something.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The effects of weakness are
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | inconceivable, and more prodigious
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | than those of the most violent