Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Concrete proposal for #480954: Extend textobjecttoinsert external files

At 02:25 PM 11/30/01 +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:
Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> This looks unclean, sorry.  Why can't users use CDATA marked sections?

Because they need fresh and actual copy of some external file (eg.
program source) in a document.

I typically want to work this process in reverse (create the clean file from the source) and have written a DB customization to do just that.  But there are enough times that I've found the equivalent LaTeX command useful that I agree with Jirka; a mechanism to include a copy of an existing external file at the time the document is being processed is very useful.

Mark B. Wroth
<mark@astrid.upland.ca.us>