Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: RFE 472229: Allow HTML Tables in DocBook

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 02:51:05AM -0600, Michael Smith wrote:
> I don't know much about WYSWIG table-editing support in commercial
> HTML editing apps, but I do know that Amaya, the W3C's open-source
> HTML browser/editor, lets you create and edit valid XHTML tables
> graphically. (And do WYSWIG editing of SVG graphics and MathML too.)

For the record, it would not be difficult to have Amaya (ie. ThotLib)
output a CALS table instead of an HTML one.  Indeed, we'll have to do
something like that for ThotBook.

But indeed, what we'll do will probably modify the table model used by
Amaya to better suit CALS - which should not be difficult either.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre