Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Functions like php.net

From: "Jirka Kosek" <jirka@kosek.cz>
> Norman Walsh wrote:
> >
> > / Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> was heard to say:

> > | [...]
K&amp;R style

> > | As well as the K&R/ANSI formatting, there is the other issue
of
> > | optional parameters like '[, int number]'.  As far as I can
tell there
> > | isn't any good way to mark that up currently.
> >
> > Yeah, that seems to be the case. I wonder which makes more
sense:

> > 1. Allow <optional> somehow in the funcprototype markup, or
> > 2. Add an attribute like choice to paramdef (similar to arg and
group).

> I think that PHP folks customized DocBook using first approach.
All XML
> sources and customized stylesheets are accessible via CVS
> (http://cvs.php.net), so everyone can have a look at it.

We have customized the stylesheets. You can see all documents and
source code in CVS.

-Egon

PS: If someone is interested, I´m looking forward for other Open
Source Products which can be presented at our next LinuxTag early
July next year in Karlsruhe, Germany. There is no fee to get a
booth.