Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: A new element for authorgroup ?

First of all, thanks for your reply
Second of all, sorry for my not working email address (i've been tricked by
my roomate, who did not knew i was using this address for serious stuff :-/)
Anyway, sorry.

> Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: A new element for authorgroup ?
>
> Pejvan BEIGUI writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I wanted to know if it was stupid or no to ask for a <translator> element in
>> authorgroup. Since there is even the <editor> tag and since many many
>> documents are usually translated in several languages etc.
>
> I think this is the kind of thing <othercredit> ("A person or entity,
> other than an author or editor, credited in a document") is intended
> for. You can put a role attribute on <othercredit> to qualify it:
> <othercredit role="translator">. But If you think a separate
> <translator> element is really needed, you can file an RFE (request
> for enhancement to the DTD) at:

Well, I really think that the translator has a huge amount of work to do on
the text, so why not give him a real <translator> tag ?
For example, I'm in France, and I try not to read translated books, but
anyway, on these translated books, the name of the translator is right below
the name of the author (with a smaller font however ;-)

I believe (I may be wrong though) that since the people in charge of this
are English speaking people, they have not been confronted with translation
work or even have not read any translated document. So maybe it's a question
you've never even asked yourself ?

> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=384107&group_id=21935&func=browse

I think I'm going to fill the request there ;-)