Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: docbook/website : problems building it

> Problem 2: missing 'make' targets
>
> - missing a rule for .tabular, in ./example/Makefile:
>
> ../cvstools/cvs2log -w
> ../cvstools/mergechangelogs > WhatsNew
> make -C example clean
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/sc/project/hypermedia/docbook-extn/docbook-website/dist
> /example'
> Makefile:21: .tabular: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `.tabular'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/sc/project/hypermedia/docbook-extn/docbook-website/dist
> /example'
> make: *** [zip] Error 2

Surely you can use the Makefile within /example to create the example HTML
files. Just read the XML source where Norm described how to change the
Makefile to fit your needs. Especially   you need to create an *empty* file
named depends.tabular which will be overwritten by the Makefile and after
that contains the list of files to make (derived via XSLT from layout.xml).
You can use this Makefile for any particular website.

(I hope I remembered that stuff well enough, it was some weeks ago i tried
it out.)

Gisbert Amm
WEB.DE AG
http://web.de