Subject: DOCBOOK: Looking for a tag analogous to HTML's <code>

Is there a tag for marking up source code statements and constructs inline?

Were I using HTML, I would tend to use the <code> tag.
The closest I have found in DocBook 4.1.2 is <markup>, which seems to be
intended for markup languages, and not for a snippet of code in a
*programming*
language.

I am almost certain that DocBook, having its roots in technical
documentation,
must have something closer...?

Another mapping from HTML I have not found is the title attribute.
I have, in the past, used this extensively to provide additional detail WRT
links.

I am tempted to use xreflabel; would this be abusive?

TIA

-Brian