Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Problems creating pdf file of tdg

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:44:36AM +0100, Kraa de Simon wrote:
> I got rid of the 'term width' message by deleting it from lists.xml.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=513228&group_id=219
> 35&atid=373747
>
> The 'no template matches' messages are:
>
> prefaceinfo encountered, but no template matches.
> pubdate encountered, but no template matches.
> releaseinfo encountered, but no template matches.
> alt encountered, but no template matches.
> alt encountered, but no template matches.
> alt encountered, but no template matches.
> mediaobjectco encountered, but no template matches.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=513241&group_id=219
> 35&atid=373747
>
> Line 607 is the last line of the file ch03.xml in current CVS:
>
> <!--
> Local Variables:
> mode:sgml
> sgml-parent-document: ('book.sgm' 'chapter')
> End:
> -->
>
> Is the "-->" used to insert a separate text file?!?!?
>
> I have set 'use.extensions' to '1' in fo/param.xsl ('textinsert.extension'
> was already set to '1').
>
> Didn't work; got the following error instead ("No adjustColumnWidths
> function available").
>
> C:\TMP>saxon\saxon defguide\en\book.xml docbook-xsl-1.48\fo\docbook.xsl >
> tdg.fo
>
> Making portrait pages on USletter paper (8.5inx11in)
> prefaceinfo encountered, but no template matches.
> pubdate encountered, but no template matches.
> releaseinfo encountered, but no template matches.
> No adjustColumnWidths function available.
> Processing terminated by xsl:message at line 183
>
> Does this mean that thare is no way to convert TDG to PDF format at moment?

I can't say I've done it, but I do recognize that
error.  Now that you have turned on extensions to
process the text inclusion, you are running into
a missing extension in another template, this
time in table.xsl.

Did you include the appropriate Saxon extensions
file, such as extensions/saxon643.jar, in your CLASSPATH?
You'll need to do that to get the extension code.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com