Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: A proposal to clarify the semantics of DocBookgraphics

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 03:47:41PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Rory Hunter <roryh@fenriz.org> was heard to say:
> | Something like, mediawidth vs. reproductionwidth (but not to pretentious)?
>
> I take your point. Unfortunately, removing the existing attributes
> would require waiting until DocBook V6.0. And the semantics of the
> existing attributes are reproductionwidth and reproductiondepth.

Maybe I'm just confused, but I'd rather distinguish:

physicalwidth (or mediawidth)
	the actual width of the image

viewportwidth
	the width of the area in which the image is to be reproduced

reproductionwidth
	the effective width of the image

If I understand well, in the current proposal "width" stands for my
"reproductionwidth", "contentwidth" stands for my "physicalwidth", and
we have nothing for my "physicalwidth".  Right ?

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre