Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: A proposal to clarify the semantics of DocBookgraphics

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:23:15AM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> I think, correct me if I'm wrong, you're worried about the case where
> the processor can't inspect the image to determine its natural size.

That's it.  I can't imagine how a processor can honor a "make it this
big" order if it has no idea of the real size.  Basically, it seems to
me that it would be asking for scaling with an unspecified factor.

> In that case, you can tell the system how big to make it and how much
> room to leave (or you can let the FO processor make some decisions for
> you). Some part of the system (the FO processor) will eventually be
> able to tell how big the image actually is (unless it's a format the
> processor doesn't understand, in which case it isn't going to work
> anyway) and do the right thing.

OK, I see what you mean.  This looks sufficient then.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre