Subject: DOCBOOK: extreme newbie - dsssl customization ...

Sorry, me  again. I'm getting closer to a final rendering now -
thanks Norm, thanks Bob.

Now I need to customize the dsssl behaviour for <cmdsynopsis> and <arg> because,
well basically, I abused them.

I found "The Modular DocBook Stylesheets" manual by Norm
But the relevent chapter(3) concerning the actual customization doesn't
seem go into "how to override the behaviour of existing stylesheet elements".

I also found a dsssl customization FAQ somewhere but it seemed to deal only
with flipping the dsssl option switches from #t to #f for different
rendering results rather than actually hacking the dsssl.

Not sure where the guide to dsssl itself is, which is probably what I should
be reading.

anyway, basically what I want is for
<cmdsynopsis> not to to get treated as a paragraph with breaks above and
below, and, for any contained <arg>s not to get wrapped in [arg] square
brackets but to be rendered in a bold font, and if their so happens to be
an <arg role="default"> then render it as bold and red font.
Nothing too fancy.

Also I used a number of standard isogreek etc. entities which get mapped to
some obscure #xxx; HTML entities and I wonder where that mapping table
exists and is accessed by the dsssl? (So I can methodically search and
replace with dinky greek symbol icons)

Thanks again.
Doug