Subject: DOCBOOK: Netscape 6 doesn't parse XML file and generating PDF fromdefguide

Hi All:

	First I'm a XML newbie... please consider this :-)) and I hope
not beeing cross-posting...
	I've been writing documentations using DocBook DTD v.3.1 and SGML for a
while (hey Norman, I boughted a time ago the first edition of defguide,
ok ?!?! :-) ). Now I'd like starting using XML.
	So, I checked out defguide from cvs, as also cvstools, dssl, docbook, xsl
and xslconfig modules.
	First of all, when I point my netscape 6.2.1 to load book.xml
file, nothing appears. When I point to another file, like bookinfo.xml
it shows me a XML undefined entity parse error. This is logical because
DTD is declared in book.xml and not in bookinfo.xml. This error show
me that Netscape is parsing xml file... I think...
	Where am I wrong?

	Secondly, when I issue "make test" in defguide/en:
xjparse book.xml
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/sun/resolver/apps/xparse
         at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)

	Is that an error ?

	And when I issue "make":

[lucas@wempdi_dirc60 en]$ make
stylesheets/html-titlepage.xml ../../xsl/template/titlepage.xsl
stylesheets/html-titlepage.xsl
stylesheets/html-titlepage.xml: t:templates: File not found
stylesheets/html-titlepage.xml:
xmlns:param=http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/template/1.0/param: File not found
stylesheets/html-titlepage.xml: line 3: syntax error near unexpected
token `xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">'
stylesheets/html-titlepage.xml: line 3: `
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">'
make: ** [stylesheets/html-titlepage.xsl] Erro 2

	I think I'm making foolish :-))

	Where can I get information in generation PDF from defguide ?
	Is there some documentation I must read ? Please tell me.

Thanks in advance for any help

bests regards
--
Lucas Brasilino