Subject: DOCBOOK: xsl para problem: exsl:node-set ignoresdisable-output-escaping

[DocBook XSL v1.49]

In my driver file, I've redefined the process.menuchoice template
(html/inline.xsl line 899) so that I can replace the -> separator (which
doesn't look like anything in my HTMLHelp pages) with the HTML entity →
(which looks much better), using
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;rarr;</xsl:text>

Unfortunately, anytime a <menuchoice> element appears inside a <para>
element (and html.clean is nonzero), the disable-output-escaping is lost or
ignored, apparently by the unwrap.p template (html/html-rtf.xsl line 95),
which uses exsl:node-set() to make a second pass through the generated code
to remove blocks from the HTML <p> tag.

I can work around this by using the UTF-8 character for the arrow, or by
using a <simpara> rather than a <para>, but these are suboptimal choices.

Can this be considered a bug, or merely a limitation?